Thursday, November 15, 2012

An extremely important part of the college experience are football games. At ASU, football games are important to the school as they raise school spirit and culture. It is a place where ASU fans all come together and feel united. It is a special event for ASU because any ASU fan can come, whether they are a future student, current student, recent alumni, or graduated thirty years ago. There are not many events that can bring all ranges of generations together, though football can. For an ASU student, there are many different seating options that will give the fan a different experience, although it’s the same event. One could choose to sit in general admission with family, friends, and possibly even some fans from the other team. They could also unite with the student section to cheer the team onto victory. Students feel united in this way, as they are all students going through the same experiences, cheering their team onto victory. Another recent addition to the football games is the Greek section. All students in Greek life can sit in this section. This makes students feel even more united, as they are all apart of the same system and group of organizations. All in all, football games are an incredible event that unites ASU fans like no other. Sources ASU.com – to find information on the football games, schedule, halftime show, etc. Interview football players Interview ASU alumni Interview ASU student Interview Greek student Interview band member Interview cheerleader ***Most research will be primary. Questions will include: How does this event make you feel united? How have football games contributed to your overall college experience? Etc. When putting all of this together, I will use a mix of facts, interviews and primary research to get my points across and express the importance of this event. I may start with the facts and overall event. I will state why it is important to Arizona State University. Then, I will use a variety of interviews to back up my assertions, and illustrate the variety of people that find this event to be important. I will ask them how it has impacted their organization, and how it has impacted them personally. I will cut in and make a transition between each interview or new idea. The story line will be my assertion, and it will conclude with a better understanding as to why this event is so great. I will begin and end it with background music. I will most likely end it with the Arizona State University fight song. I may have little audio snippets in between interviews as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment