Thursday, October 4, 2012
Your paper was very well written and coherent. I like how you began your paper with the clear thesis statement: “The X-Files has the ability to make strong female characters, giving the show an interesting cast of well-rounded character.” I also like how you decided to focus in on the characters rather than the show itself. I agree with your opinion that the X-files does a great job at creating a strong female lead and role model. You backed up your opinion with great examples. However, I do not necessarily think that the role she plays is entirely believable. The events that she partakes in from her job and the way they are played out seem very fictional to me. I do, however, like how you point out her personality traits and how opposite they are from the stereotypical woman. Pointing out feminism in this show is a great example of critical thinking.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment